👋 Welcome to the Remote Life Resources Guide!
This is a public, collaborative list of helpful links for anyone working (and living) remotely and looking for great ideas and accessible resources for staying happy, healthy, and safe during this crazy time. Whether you’re home alone, working alongside a roommate, a spouse, or your kids — we’ve got something for you.
All new ideas are welcome, so please consider suggesting new resources or sections in the comments. We’re all in this together 💪.
This doc is maintained by the team at Justworks, but is open to the internet. So don’t share anything you’re not comfortable making public. Stay connected with us on Instagram for more updates and access to new resources.
Table of Contents
🏃Virtual Fitness Classes
- HIIT & Boxing
- Dance Cardio
- Pilates + Barre
🐵Activities for Kids
- Brain games
- Getting the energy out
- Ideas for babies + toddlers
- Schedules and structure
- Explaining what is happening
🗓 Structuring Your Day
- Time management
- Ways to take a break
🧠 Keeping Your Mind Active
- Brain games for adults
- Learning something new
- Weekly playlists
💙 How To Help Others
- Donate to COVID-19 relief efforts
🏃Virtual Fitness Classes
- Modo Yoga – IGTV
- Yoga Vida – IGTV
- YoBK – IGTV
- Sky Ting – IGTV
- Yoga with Adriene – YouTube
- The Practice by Annie Clarke – YouTube
- Bulldog Yoga – Online and app streaming (30 day free trial, then $12.99/mo)
- Glo – Online and app streaming (14 day free trial, then $18/mo)
- LOOM Yoga – Zoom ($10/class)
- Live Yoga – Online streaming ($20/mo)
- Gaia – Online streaming ($11.99/mo)
- Peloton – App streaming (90 day free trial, then $12.99/mo)
- CorePower Yoga – Online and app streaming (7 day free trial, then $19.99/mo)
- Daya Yoga Studio – Zoom ($10/class)
- Down Dog – Online & app (freemium)
- Do Yoga With Me – Online streaming (2 months free)
HIIT & Boxing
- Prevail Boxing – IGTV and YouTube
- Carbon38 – IGTV
- Orangetheory Fitness – YouTube
- Church Street Boxing – IGTV
- Rumble – App streaming
- Peloton – App streaming (90 day free trial, then $12.99/mo)
- Tone it Up – App streaming (7 day free trial, then $14.99/mo)
- Cut Seven – Google drive videos
- Joe the Body Coach – HIIT workouts (has PE classes for kids, too!)
- Good Move – IGTV and Zoom (free)
- Forward_Space – IGTV
- 305 Fitness – YouTube links posted on IG channel daily (free)
- Patricia Moreno – YouTube channel full of mood-boosting workouts (free)
- Dancing Alone Together – Online streaming
- Jane Do – Online and app streaming (7 day free trial, then $9.99/mo)
- Body By Simone – Online and dpp streaming (14 day free trial; then $15.99/mo)
- LEKFit – Online and app streaming (7 day free trial, then $19.99/mo)
- Dance Body Live – Online and app streaming (7 day free trial, then $34.99/mo)
- AKT in Motion – App streaming (7 day free trial, then $34.99/mo)
- Melody Dancefit – Online streaming ($9.99/mo)
- Refit Revolution – YouTube channel (free)
Pilates + Barre
- GoChlo Pilates – Pay what you want Zoom classes
- Blogilates – YouTube
- Physique 57 – Online and app streaming (7 day free trial, then $24.99/mo)
- The Bar Method – Online and app streaming (14 day free trial, then $24.99/mo)
- Barre3 – Online and app streaming (15 day free trial, then $29.99/mo)
- Mile High Run Club – IGTV
- Les Mills – Online streaming
- Nike Fitness App – App streaming
- All In by Teddi Mellencamp – Online streaming (free with code ALLINHOME through 3/31)
- Booya Fitness – Online streaming (30 day free trial, then $8.99/mo)
- NEOU – App streaming (14 day free trial, then $14.99/mo)
- Studio Live – Online and app streaming (7 day free trial, then $15/mo)
- Exhale – Online and app streaming (30 day free trial, then $19.99/mo)
- JetSweat – Online and app streaming (7 day free trial, then $19.99/mo)
- Obe – Online and app streaming (7 day free trial, then $27/mo) — Right now offering one month free! You can use code SWEATSANDCITY
- The Class by Taryn Toomey – Online and app streaming (14 day free trial, then $40/mo)
- The Assembly SF – Online streaming ($10/class for non-members)
- Sweat with Kayla – App streaming (One month of free access and then $19.99/mo)
- ACTIVE by Popsugar – Online streaming
- Classpass – App streaming (free for members)
- Millionaire Hoy Pro – Online and app streaming (30 day free trial, then $19.99/mo)
- Sersana – Daily free class on IGTV (Spanish)
- Wellory – Free text messaging with a nutritionist, text COVID19 to 69922
- Fitness Blender– Online workout videos (free)
🐵 Activities for Kids
- KiwiCo – Monthly subscription boxes with STEAM-driven projects ($20 a month), ages 0-14.
- Khan Academy Kids – Free, fun educational app for kids 2-7. They created daily schedules and curriculum while your kids are home.
- Homer – Educational app for kids ages 2-8 (free 30-day trial available, $9.99/month)
- Kodable – App that teaches kids the basics of coding, for ages 4-10 (free 7-day trial, $6.99/monthly)
- Tynker – Coding app for ages 5+ (free during school closure)
- Epic! – Digital library app, reads to kids as needed ($7.99/month)
- BrainPop – Video-based educational app (free access during school closures)
- Participate in a reading challenge
- TodoMath – Math app for grades Pre-K to 2 ($69.99/year)
- Prodigy – Math app for grades 1-8 ($8.95/month)
- Splash Learn – Math app for grades K-5 (free version available)
- MentalUp – Games for attention, concentration, memory, logic and more, for kids ages 4-13 (free version available)
- YouTube Learning – Huge educational video library covering a broad array of topics (free)
- Scholastic Learning From Home – Day-by-day educational projects for grades Pre-K – 6 (free)
- Mystery Science – Easy science lessons for grades K-5 (free during school closure)
- National Museum of Mathematics – Great line-up of virtual events (free and paid options)
- ABCmouse.com – free online curriculum for kids ages 2-8 with code AOFLUNICEF
- Adventure Academy – online curriculum for kids ages 8-13 (first month free), or start here with code SCHOOL7771
- Prodigies Music – web and app streaming music curriculum (3 weeks free, then $13.99/mo)
- Vooks – web and app streaming read alouds of children’s books (30 days free, then $4.99/mo)
- NYPL: In the coming days, NYPL will be announcing a partnership with an online tutoring service, giving all PreK–12 students in NYC access to private tutors via chat “after school.” The chat service will be available from 2 PM to 11 PM every day, including the weekends, in English and Spanish.
- Education.com – printable worksheets and lessons plans for preschool – 5th grade (currently 50% off, $42/year)
- KidPass – Live online classes for kids of all ages, includes reading, math, coding (30 day free trial, then $49/mo)
- Listen to an educational podcast – try Wow in the World! if you like science, Stories Podcast or Circle Round to hear a story, or Noodle Loaf to learn about music.
- Explore #Metkids – a digital feature made for, with, and by kids
Getting the energy out
- GoNoodle – Movement and mindfulness videos (free)
- Cosmic Kids Yoga – YouTube channel with yoga-based workouts (free)
- Yogi Beans – Online streaming (14 day free trial, then $14.99/mo)
- Scavenger hunts (free printouts)
- Go on a treasure hunt – Tell them to hide something and create a treasure map for you to find it. Block off 30 min. so you can go on the treasure hunt together.
- Headspace for Kids – Meditation (2 week free trial, $69.99/year)
- 7 minute workout for kids – High intensity interval training for kids ages 7-13
- Move This World – Move This World has created a resource library filled with exercises and activities that families can use to support social emotional learning and to prioritize their wellbeing. As a part of the resource library, Move This World has released free video showcases featuring SEL videos that students can engage in independently or with family members.
Ideas for babies + toddlers
- Virtual Playdates – 10am weekdays on Facebook organized by @IndyWithKids
- Try these easy at-home activities for babies and toddlers from @babytoddler
- @dayswithgrey has a ton of at-home activity suggestions for 1-year-olds
- Virtual singalong with Lavender Blues – 40 min singalong at 10:30am daily on Zoom for $10
Schedules and structure
- Editable COVID-19 daily schedule templates for kids
- Great article for how to WFH with kids of any age
- HBR article on how to set yourself up for success
Explaining what is happening
- NPR comic explains COVID-19 to kids
- Talking to Children about Covid-19 by National Association of School Psychologists
- NYTimes Parenting How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus
- CDC video shows kids how to wash their hands properly
- Tumble Science Podcast – a science podcast for the whole family, currently answering children’s questions around coronavirus
- A social story about COVID-19 made for younger kids
🗓 Structuring Your Day
- Monday.com templates for managing you and your remote team’s time
- A Complete Guide to Time Blocking via Doist
- Time blocking planner with 9 free time block templates
- Workstation Popcorn
- Hannah Bronfman’s Daily WFH Schedule
- Crash Course in Remote Mgmt by Cate Huston & Nicole Sanchez
- LinkedIn Learning has 16 online courses led by remote work experts (free for members)
- Slash is a get-things-done app for focusing
Take a break
- Move your body with a virtual fitness class
- Bake something delicious
- Water your plants
- Do a crossword puzzle or sudoku
- Draw freeform or try adult coloring books
- Make a hot tea or fun coffee drink
- Journal or do a writing prompt
- Clean out & organize your closet
- Host a virtual happy hour with friends
- Join this 24hr virtual karaoke party
🧠 Keeping Your Mind Active
Brain games for adults
Learning something new
- Code Academy – online coding courses
- Duolingo – free online/app language courses
- National Gallery of Art, The Guggenheim, The Whitney and more have online exhibits you can scroll through with the help of Google Arts & Culture
- Hone your creativity with Adobe Live
- Take an Ivy League course
- Fullstack Academy’s free Intro to Coding self-paced course
- MNDFL – IGTV
- The Practice by Annie Clarke – Youtube
- Virtual Wellbeing Workshops with Holitisicm – from wellness to entrepreneurship, free workshops taught by experts
- Peloton meditation- App Streaming (90 day free trial, then $12.99/mo)
- Inner workout digital classes
- Sanity + Self – self care app
Weekly Justworking Playlists
- March 23 – Start the day!
💙 How to Help Others
Donate to COVID-19 Relief Efforts
- United Way Community Response Fund – The Fund supports communities struggling in the wake of the COVID-19 by supporting local United Ways and 211, the go-to information resource in times of crisis.
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy – Help CDP support preparedness, containment efforts, response and recovery activities for those affected by COVID-19 and for the responders.
- Feeding America COVID-19 Response Fund – As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, Feeding America is committed to serving communities and individuals facing hunger across America, wherever they are.
- No Kid Hungry – The coronavirus is closing schools nationwide, and millions of vulnerable children are losing the school meals they depend on. For some, it’s the only food they’ll receive in a given day. No Kid Hungry has a plan to ensure that every kid gets three meals a day.
- The CDC Foundation – This nonprofit organization for the CDC is raising funds to help respond to the public health threat when federal and state funding is not available. The foundation said it will use the funds to support state and local health departments in the US as well as support the global response including logistics, personal protective equipment, and critical response supplies.
- The Seattle Foundation – Hosted by Seattle Foundation in partnership with a coalition of leaders from across philanthropy, government and business, the Fund will provide flexible resources to organizations in our region working with communities who are disproportionately impacted by the outbreak.
- Covid-19 Projects looking for volunteers – Volunteer or post a volunteer opportunity to help those affected by Covid-19.
- Corona Financial Help Spreadsheet – Find those in need and venmo them directly.
- Baby2Baby – On the ground charity providing essential items to children and families impacted by COVID-19 and LAUSD’s closure.
- Meditate to Support COVID-19 Relief Efforts – Practical meditation raising funds in support of United Way’s COVID-19 Relief efforts.
- The Covid-19 Solidarity Response Fund is a secure way for individuals, philanthropies and businesses to contribute to the WHO-led effort to respond to the pandemic.
- Support vulnerable communities affected by coronavirus by donating any amount to the Goodnation Coronavirus Response Fund
- Donate to ROAR (Relief Opportunities for all Restaurants) to support NYC Restaurant Workers
- Meals on Wheels – Vulnerable seniors are at the greatest risk amid COVID-19. Local Meals on Wheels programs are on the front lines every day, focused on doing all they can to keep older Americans safe and nourished in communities across the country.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act allocated $350 billion to help small businesses keep workers employed amid the pandemic and economic downturn. Known as the Paycheck Protection Program, the initiative provides 100% federally guaranteed loans to small businesses.
Your low performers bring the whole team down, and this isn’t fair to your other employees who have to work harder to make up the difference. Here are some signs it is time to finally fire that sales rep.
Engaging Current and Laid-Off Employees via Remote Communications. We hope these links and resources will help companies that have had to lay off employees, due to government orders, to keep in touch and ensure as many of their laid-off employees return to work as soon as possible.
+1 (701) 361-4239