Our innovative luxury door hardware distribution client with incredible growth potential sought an accomplished leader for their newly created General Manager role. The ideal candidate would have extensive leadership experience leading both Sales and Operations teams in a distribution environment. They would exhibit exceptional leadership and managerial capabilities, deftly translate and manage workflow effectively between Sales and Operations groups and build, nurture and develop the Sales and Customer service teams.
- Demonstrate high-level of success bringing new products to market
- Recruit, hire and develop robust Customer Service and Sales teams while assisting with Operations workflows
- Drive sales through team development, interpersonal relationships, and key national account management
- Cultivate a calm, level-headed, team-oriented culture and relate to all employees in the organization effectively
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7-10+ years progressive management and leadership growth developing Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams
- Extensive experience recruiting, hiring and developing sales leaders and exceeding sales goals, ideally doubling current sales levels within a few years
- Prior leadership of mid-size teams in mid to large-sized organizations and $15MM full P&L experience
Our placed candidate had extensively led Sales teams, Sales Leaders, and Managers and developed numerous relationships with key clients, manufacturers, and distributors. He had long-term experience with the specific products our customers manufactured and had introduced many new successful products to the market. He was able to help develop and grow a business unit from zero to $18MM with a background in both Sales and Operations leadership and many qualifications in strategic development. Throughout his career, he had coached double-digit direct reports into leadership roles through a consultative, relationship-based leadership approach.
Hiring Challenge? Book a Discovery Session now!
The Building Gurus Difference
You’re probably wondering how we can deliver candidates that your in-house or current recruiting partner hasn’t been able to. Hiring great talent is a key part of your business, but it’s the reason we’re in business. We invest in tools, technology, and resources to ensure we’ve always got the best “inventory” of talent at our fingertips. Building world-class best practices and an employer brand that gets and keeps the attention of A-players is key to our success. When you hire us, you immediately benefit from the years we’ve spent building our brand and relationships with sales, managers, and leaders in the building products industry.
Here are just a few strategies we use to ensure we can deliver best-in-class building products sales, manager, and executive level talent fast:
Rikka’s articles appear in trade magazines like LBM Journal, ProSales, Remodeling, and more.
NATIONAL NEWS + MEDIA
Rikka’s advice has been featured on Fast Company, NFIB, AmEx Open Forum, CBS Small Business Pulse, Huffington Post, and more.
ASSOCIATIONS + CONFERENCES
Rikka is selected to speak at local, regional, and national conferences like KBIS and ProDealer Summit.
What customers say about us
+1 (701) 361-4239